Thread: Hub Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 03:55 PM
Veni Veloce Vomiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by buldogge View Post
Hey Guys...I'm looking at a couple sets of tubulars this weekend and I was wondering if I could get some insight into the quality of the hubs.

1st set are HED Belgiums with HED hubs...they have an 11s compatible FHB, so are either relatively new, or I guess they might have been upgraded.

How are the HED hubs? Any issues to speak of??

2nd set are Easton EC90s...not sure on the year yet, or if they are R4 hubs...will need to change FHB to Campy of Shimano 11s

Easton hubs in general???

TIA
-Mark in St. Louis
Never owned any HEDs, but have a 3-year old set of Easton EC90SL tubulars. Never one problem with the R4SL hubs and I'm around 185 soakin' wet. These were 2010 models I purchased on sale for $1,045 shipped from an online retailer - Bike Wagon. I think the reason they were cheap were because they came with the 'orphan' Shimano DA10 speed FHB (the one with the weird splines). Only issue I've had is that I broke a spoke on the rear DS. Replaced under warranty - no hassle. Again broke a spoke on rear DS. Again replaced, but this time they sent an entirely new wheel with a 'universal' Shim,Shram FHB. NO issues since and that was over 2 years ago.

I highly recommend.

I know nothing of the customer service or quality now that part of Easton has been acquired by Bauer. Not sure if the acquisition affected the wheel-building/sales arm.

Mike in AR