View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 08:36 PM

The transition to disc brakes by the bike industry is pretty much complete. When we see the first article written by an industry publication about how boost axle spacing is the superior option for road bikes its time to be scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oakterrace View Post
This fellow alludes to this but it is something I have never been able to understand. Maybe some folks can help me out.

I get that disc brakes are more or less better than rim brakes. No argument from me. What I do not get is that such an improvement comes at the cost of a new frame, fork, wheels, group set..... A ton of money.... And for what degree of improvement. Folks will buy what they want to spend $ on. I get that. But that is a lot of money... as well as rendering the old stuff obsolete, no longer interchangable. I know you can still ride the ole stuff but you get my drift.

I am inclined to think that disc brakes are a "conspiracy" by the industry to get folks spending a fortune in the latest and "greatest." And for what degree of improvement. Baffles me .