Thread: Tan wall tires
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemdet View Post
Moving straight past easy jokes about authentically dangerous Italian parts - I've had issues with delam on Challenge tires, and I know that others have as well.

My experience will Veloflex consists of four sets of masters and one set of corse. All in 23 or 25. My biggest gripe thus far, aside from flats in the rain, is the move of the manufacturer label from the sidewall to the rubber. A terrible transgression, but one I'll put up with for miles and miles of fast, comfortable riding. I have put them through the **** and they have always come out clean.

That being said - their tires are handmade. And, as with anything handmade, there are unknowns, accepted tolerances and human error built into the final product. The pair I mounted this week could explode on my first ride, who knows. I trust them because of my own anecdotal evidence. I take your experiences into account, too, and would be concerned if the next thirty replies were people who also had problems.

thoughtful post, and agree.

My experience involves many many sets of Veloflex Master, Black, etc, and are totally positive. Most sublime riding tyres I've used.

Of course, had a couple of failures: including loss of skin and motor function trying to mount them, but they stretch on easily after that.