View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 11:39 AM

Thanks for sharing Ti, Opera. My sister suffers from depression, mental illness and tried suicide some years ago. She's the smartest, wisest and most fun to be with person in our family. My son, 32 years old, struggles with emotional issues that to this day have never been satisfactorily diagnosed, to him least of all. He functions well, good job, owns his own home, but may be alone his whole life as socially he struggles so. One possibility suggested is some sort of autism, seems to cover a very broad spectrum of people. The other day I ran across this animated video trying to help us see through the eyes of someone who struggles with a form of autism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JdCY-cdgkI

To most of us, people who struggle with many of these issues look normal, talk normal, seem like anyone else. "You just need to pull your self together! Try harder!"
Perhaps someday, with all the video/reality games and technology we have, we'll all be able to "see better" what others are dealing with, and figure out how to be more helpful.
All the best.
Bruce