View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 08:21 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone View Post
In case you were wondering whether or not SRAM would port the AXS app and the associated functionality to eTap 11, wait no more, I asked them:

I have 3 SRAM eTap 11 speed systems, all with Quarq power meters so I have a significant investment in SRAM products. Will the AXS application be ported to support these systems?

Their reply:

SRAM USA (SRAM)
Feb 13, 10:51 CST

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your message. The AXS system is dedicated 12 speed- the app and the companion group parts will not be backwards compatible to original eTap 11 speed. The systems are not able to communicate across platforms.

My response

Thank you for your reply.

This is disappointing, to say the least. There is no technical reason why you couldn’t provide the same functionality to eTap 11 customers. In my case, I’ve invested nearly $6,000 in SRAM eTap 11 equipment that is now officially dead.

I note that I have two Di2 systems including the original Ultegra system and both are supported by the Shimano application and have added significant new functionality since I purchased the systems.

You’ve pretty much guaranteed that my next group and all future groups will not be SRAM.

Can I get a refund for 3 SRAM firmware upgrade dongles, brand new, never been used?

Greg
Careful, Big Ed will call you and yell at ya!!