View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 05:02 PM

This thread is so obsessed-cyclist-heavy (which is of course 100% normal considering the forum we are on).

But come on...Baum, 22, Firefly, Mosaic, etc???
Those and others are all great brands, but mainly for the cognoscenti.
The general or "not as expert" public, which I would think would play heavily into "hold its value best", know nothing about those brands.

My brother (a very dedicated recreational cyclist but not in any way a nerd about it like many of us, he really couldn't give two whits about it) wanted a titanium bicycle (and was not going to budge off of his "Titanium are the best because they are the most durable." hill).

I tried and tried and tried to convince him of this or that ti brand, and the pros and cons of each. No, no, and no.

He bought, of course, a new Moots.

In fact he bought a new Moots also precisely because of his, fallacious or not, notion that Moots "are the best investment" of all. He briefly considered, for the nano-est of seconds, Seven and Litespeed (this was a while ago), only those two other brands, but it was Moots by a mile, not even close, and I really do believe that he represents a big piece of the public perception pie.

A used Moots cannot be beat, imo.
Even in Europe Moots are considered exquisite, with a very special cachet.

NB: also agree w/BobC just above. The title is important.