View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash05458 View Post
well, I think this art piece is pure bs but that is just my eye...but then again, most folks out there would think folks are crazy for paying 5 grand for a bike frame as well...art is one of those things that if you have a good eye for early work and decent taste, it just isn't an elitist thing and can be a good investment...I mean, I live in a trailer park and own some very good art you prolly think is crap...but then again I was given this stuff by friends...pieces by guys such as raymond pettibon, chris burden and some fairly famous belgian artists you haven't heard of I am sure...as they were gifts I hold onto them...figure my wife can sell them at some point when I am gone...oldest argument in the world that modern guys are bad...they always made the joke via pollock that any monkey could do that...yeah, if you bought one of those paintings from that monkey I will tell you that you not only have good taste but you are all set as will your grandkids ...
Burden and Pettibon... outstanding! I agree the Banana is a POS work made to shock; an extremist stunt. Otoh Cattelan is consistent.

A big Pollock should be... what? 50 million?