View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 02:04 PM

I have a blue heeler/Australian cattledog. He’s 10 months and is by far the quickest dog I or my family have ever had at picking up training. Incredibly smart and attentive dog. We got him at 3 months and in a week and a half he was house broken with no accidents since. Could not recommend the breed enough but they need serious attention.

Every morning we are on a walk with him before work. We come home and do the same 2mi walk. Then spend another hour or so playing frisbee or teaching new tricks. If he does not get the physical and mental workout he will find other outlets... He’s great with kids and other dogs but it took some doing to get there. These dogs are known to nip so you have to train them out of it. We do not have kids so if you do, be leery of having them run around the dog until you can work on the instinct to chase and nip at legs.

My parents have his brother from the same litter so they see each other often. Between the two of them, you can see what happens when you get a little too lax at certain aspects of training. They are extremely strong willed and it will take some getting used to if you’ve had other dogs/pets.

Even with all of this, I will likely never get another breed.