View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colker View Post
The catholic church fought brutal dictatorships everywhere from central america to africa. Priests and nuns were killed, tortured and raped for protecting the miserable.
Priests risked their lives saving jewish families from nazi extermination camps.
The catholic church was the only help for campesinos/ native americans in Mexico during the 19th century: wasn´t for the missions and communal lands, thousands would die of hunger.

I am not saying tehy are better than any other human: they are flawed. Otoh there is a huge anti catholic propaganda in the United States and it´s not new. America is protestant.

It´s easy to preach morality against religion but fact is we are living a huge spiritual black hole.
I have the utmost respect for religious catholics:i´ve seen them go out of their ways to help others just for mercy. Those in need would have a worse fate if depended only on secular assistance, to say the least. Mercy is one of the most precious notions in humanity and brought to us by the church.

I don´t come often to the forum anymore but i had to say this: you guys are completely wrong in despising the entire church because there is more to catholic faith than the sexual abuse.
As has been said, good people are good people.

I'd also point out that the corporate church didn't exactly embrace the liberation theology and activities of a lot of those groups in the global south.