View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onekgguy View Post
Until 9 years ago when I bought my first fatbike, I'd been strictly a road cyclist. My fatty exposed me to a whole other world of singletrack trail riding and I fell in love with it. I've considered getting a mountain bike in the years since but I worried that I'd only go faster through the trails and that may not be wise. But then I began thinking about how much more control I'd have at those faster speeds with both front and rear suspension and a bike meant for that kind of riding.

And with that thought in mind, I pulled the trigger on my first MTB today! I had my heart set on a Trek Fuel EX 9.7 and amazingly enough, there was one at a LBS. They also had an Orbea Oiz M20 in my size for comparison. I took them both out to the lot (the trails are muddy and closed here in MN) and jumped a few curbs and also found some speed bumps to ride over. It's all I had. After 3 separate turns on each bike, the decision was a no-brainer for me. I chose the Orbea. Better components and more than 3 lbs (1.92 stones) lighter for nearly the same price.

I should mention that there's quite a wait if one has to order either bike from the manufacturer. Trek is out to the end of the year while my Orbea would've had me waiting until late September.

I was just out in the garage sitting on it like a little kid with a new bike. New Bike Day is fun!

Kevin g

Orbea Oiz M20 Mountain Bike
by Kevin Gilmore, on Flickr

Orbea Oiz M20 Mountain Bike
by Kevin Gilmore, on Flickr

Nice bike
Enjoy