View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 02:54 PM
Veni.Vidi.Bici.

my two cents.

I will say this. As someone who went as a child, and traveled back last year, (36 years later) with family and mother's in tow. This was a very expensive trip for my wife and I as we footed the bill for everyone's flight and accommodations. Mainly it was a treat for our eldest daughter who's younger sister suffers from disability and she has to be tended to more frequently. ( apologies, not meant to draw sympathy, just one of the reason's why we went)

We rented a house of a friend in Kissimmee which accommodated 12 and was very close to Disney World. We stayed for 5 days 2 of which were actually in Disney World, the others in Disney Studio's (making my daughter up as a princess) and various other Floridian attractions. The two days at Disney were super long, in the sun, ride after ride and watched the parades. We attempted to ride every ride we could, and even stayed for the fireworks.

Two 11 hour days later, watching the fireworks/show on the castle show with my daughter on my shoulders completely burnt out. I finally "Got" what Disney was trying to achieve by making a place so fantastic for his family and friends to visit. I've been to other parks including the one local to us that has fireworks etc, but there is just "something" about it.

I however wont be going back anytime soon. It is costly, and once you've seen it I'm ok with not revisiting for awhile. Although I have a friend that goes yearly.

just my two cents. it's an amusement park. take it for what it is.