View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maddox View Post
The rides seem sub-par compared to Busch Gardens, Six Flags, or even Sea World. Without the tie-ins to popular Disney properties and characters, are they really that good? And compared to descending Unicoi Gap into Helen, Georgia at 55 mph on a road bike or doing power-on stalls in an Aerobat, are they really anything at all?

The atmosphere seems too contrived, too sterile and antiseptic...a vision of an American "happy place," that never really existed. There's so much REAL magic in the world, how could a cartoon ever really compete?

And I'm not even talking about Disney as a corporation, the crowds, and the expense.

Maybe I'm just a cynic.

I would venture to argue, how could real current day ever compete with the imagination of being in a cartoon!?

I TOTALLY get that REAL thrill sealers that love fast and extreme roller coasters may not get much out of what Disneyland offers, but my entire love for Disneyland as I mentioned above is based more in the feeling of being there with all the surroundings that fulfill all the other senses that create memories that can be awakened from any little thought or smell you may come across even when away from the park

Last edited by bianchi10; 08-01-2017 at 01:56 PM.