View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplemind View Post
What equipment would you recommend if I want to get the minimum satisfying pull?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankles View Post
kinda depends on budget of course and what you like to drink. I had a Rocky+Silvia setup at work. I added a PID and pulled great espresso shots with it. However, if co-workers lined up, it was not up to the task. Milk drinks were also non-starters.

The list of pro-sumer machines is long...as is the grinder list.

If money is tight, look used for a grinder, but stay new for a machine. Much easier to tell how badly a grinder has been abused than an espresso machine.
Plus decent grinders are easy to renovate than machines.

Tell us what you want and I'm sure this group can help.

for what it's worth, I recently bought a Niche Zero grinder and really like it. I still have my Mazzer SuperJolly, but it's been relegated to pour-over duty.
Agreed. I've been a espressonerd for a long time. I have had an Isomac Millennium (a really nice HX machine that isn't imported any more) for about 15 years and an Anfim grinder. If an HX machine isn't in the budget I think the Silvia is still the best deal around for price and quality. Take a look at the Baratza Sette grinder. I've heard complimentary things about it from a guy who designs commercial machines here in Seattle.