View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 01:07 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephr View Post
well, mf GF and I decided to put our names in the hat and if we're fortunate to score a bottle or two of PVW (they list it as PVW25 on the ABC website), we're gonna flip and take a vacation or something.

pdmtong - we've got 2-3 breweries here that run in old converted factories/warehouses...Good People and Back Forty --- go to GP for beers, go to BF for food. There's a few others here, but those are the most accommodating.
It's not easy to flip booze here. With prices so high and potentially suspect provenance finding someone to give me $1600 is no easy task. The liquor laws wont let me "sell Back" a bottle to a local store for auction. Wine yes, distilled spirits no.

The place I was thinking about was Avondale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
I would have no better shot at limited release bottles with private liquor stores; it's more about price & selection for the daily dram type stuff. My office is up in MD where there is a wider selection (although it may require visiting multiple stores) and pretty consistently ~25% lower prices.
Near my in-laws' place in IL they sell booze in Costco. I about crapped myself when I walked down that aisle, everything they stock was priced 30-40% lower than in VA. The ABC is a total racket.
Private stores doing lotteries...right. I think those bottles go to best customers or big dollar accounts. The lottery is a sham.

As for Costco, that's right. Prices are the best or right in line if they have what you want.