View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 08:44 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonov View Post
Because they don't produce garbage. And Shimano has plenty of product issues of their own. There's so much disdain and hyperbole when in comes to SRAM and most of it is unfounded or based on groups that they no longer make. I personally think 1x is a silly choice for road bikes and downright stupid for pro-level racing. I also think that 3T Strada has stupid geometry that doesn't make sense from a fit standpoint or a parts compatibility standpoint. But the issue here is with a team that said yes to a bike sponsor that locked them into a poor gear selection with no alternative. I feel bad for the racers. To put in as much training and work as these guys do only to have to ride something that puts them at a disadvantage must be heartbreaking. Any other bike and they could toss on some Yaw FDs and a double chainring crank and put this issue to bed.
Sums it up..too bad we don't really know anymore than a guy chucked his chain, it hurt his results, the team and management aren't happy with the equipment and it's gonna be a long year for them..I'm still kinda mystified, after having the frames and groups for more than 5 months, these 'issues' haven't been sorted somehow by 3T and/or sram. Ya gotta believe that sram/3T has a team of mechs and truck full of spares to prevent the team from slamming their stuff. Yet..