View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamu8104 View Post
The bike is close to a stock Cabrón but I asked for a little more bottom bracket drop and tad shorter chainstays so that it would handle more like a road bike versus a true CX bike.

Otherwise the build is Di2 hydro with Zipp stem and ENVE compact bars. I went with my go to SLR saddle and the wheels are DT Swiss 240 CL with ENVE XC rims. Tires are Compass Bon Jon Pass set up tubeless but I'm moving those to another set of wheels I recently finished and putting some Schwalbe tubeless tires on here.
I think Craig referenced this bike when I ordered my Ultraline (he mentioned having done more mixed-used interpretations of the cx platform in the past). He took it in the other direction with the chainstays for mine- longer, rather than shorter, to accommodate the confluence of 142x12 spacing, heel clearance, and 40mm tire clearance with a double crank. Of course, for me at 6'5" a cm of extra chainstay doesn't affect handling the way it would on a smaller bike. I keep coming back to the this thread as I anticipate my own 'zetti.