View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 12:35 PM

I do wish we had regulations requiring them to make you pedal a little bit.

Most of what I see is flat out eMotorcycles. Looks like a bike but you see a fat guy doing 15-20mph up a hill without pedaling. It's a motorcycle, call it what it is and take the pedals off and put pegs on it. Make them get a license and have plates and registration. A lot of the eBikes cost more than your entry level 250cc motorcycles as well! I'm not knocking them here, gas motorcycles are a big improvement over SUVs and 4000lb sedans with one person riding in them. eMotorcycles are an improvement over gas motorcycles for all the around town trips as well.

The thing with the death on the bike path here whether it had anything to do with an eBike is they're in the progress of deciding on a 15mph speed limit. That's kind of annoying. It's easy to average > 15mph on that path safely during the morning commute in particular. The MUPpets & Pathletes are not out there for morning commute, nor are the dog walkers and families. I would be mad about someone ruining it for everyone if I was still using the path for commuting into Cambridge like I did years ago.