View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 11:13 PM

With the motorola bike probably u can do something because theres documentation around but with other EM bikes you have nothing, for example the panasonic ones.

The only thing i can tell you is that the serial number decoder kind'a works but Em did not follow it 100%, there's plenty of ex team bikes and ex pro and amateur road racers that got their bikes custom made and the only thing that sets them appart from the regular production is the tab number. Telling you this because I have one of those, serial number doesnt say jack much, geometry is kind'a custom and is just one color.

Is good to know the history of the items but even the guy that compiled those serial numbers agrees (i believe) that theres not like a rule on how they put those serial numbers, well could that the guy brazing drunk too much beer that morning and added extra letter just because was funny.

At least with your bikes you can tell are from the team, mine can pass for regular production until you start measuring it and looking at the tab number. Wish I could trace its origins better.