View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 08:51 AM

BTW just as an fyi, and maybe it's not a big deal for you.
But you can do erg workouts within Zwift, Personally I like doing that even though I bought a Elemnt to use specifically for this purpose

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalheart View Post
I have an original Kickr that I used when recovering from knee replacement a few years ago. I used that with Zwift and some YouTube videos for rehab riding, but as soon as I could get outside the Kickr mostly went unused.

I am in a different environment now and I set up the Kickr in the basement with one of my road bikes and I have been using Zwift, RGT, and YouTube videos for less than an hour rides, mostly doing intervals. I found that I do not have the concentration for indoor cycling that is more than about an hour, so more intense workouts 4-5 times a week works best for me. I combine that with some body weight exercises, and walks/snowshoeing 5 or so days a week. I am hoping when I get back on the bike when weather allows I will have retained some fitness from winter.

I use the Kickr with AppleTv on a 40 some inch tv if I am using an app like Zwift. Otherwise I use the Wahoo app in ERG mode and watch YouTube on the smart tv. There are some ok indoor cycling videos on YouTube but the indoor spin class ones drive me nuts. I just use the Wahoo app to vary watts for my intervals.