View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 09:56 AM

Whew, when this was sent yesterday, I was in the throes of the post-nerve block pain. Wow. Intense. Fiery and throbbing. Definitely took the extra Percocet, then one at 3am. I did sleep, though.

Better this morning, but no idea if it’s the drugs or healing. Seems too fast for healing.

Idris, that dead arm feeling was very disconcerting. I was a little worried it wouldn’t wear off. But the nurse called yesterday, and she told me the guy who had surgery right before me had his wear off even before he went to bed that night. He was miserable. I’m glad mine lasted as long as it did.

I just realized I’m even typing easier now, and not relying on the voice to text anymore. That’s progress already. Now I need to bathe, and I am not looking forward to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Fair warning, once that nerve block wears off you might be reaching for the hydrocodone a bit more. I was fine the first couple days after surgery with the block, but once that was done and out, the pain increased for me quite a bit. Those next 72 hours or so weren't that fun.