Thread: Gravel bikes
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 05:44 AM

I have 3 different gravel bikes at the moment. Each is set up differently and they cover the allroad-adventure categories. A Mosaic GT-1 AR, Intense 951 gravel with 2.1" 650b set up and my Moots Baxter with 100mm Fox Factory team SC fork.

The Moots Baxter is an all out go anywhere and do anything bike that is surprisingly good on pavement in comparison to other adventure bikes like the Cutthroat. It is comfortable, fast and can go anywhere one would attempt on a bicycle of this sort. I honestly think it came out too early or it would still be in production as it is the most versatile and fun of the bunch! An excellent bicycle, but it is too much bike for regular paved roads rides!

The Intense is extremely capable with the 650b 2.1 set up. It can do 90% of what the Moots does and may be a little better on the paved roads while still being single track capable as well. With a set of 32-35mm slick tires it is a great road ride especially on the less than perfect road surfaces! It's a great bike!

My Mosaic GT-1 AR could be a quiver killer! I have done paved road rides with 32mm tires and hit the gravel and dirt without any hesitation! It is a joy to ride everywhere that can be considered a road, but I haven't taken into the local single track yet. The other two bikes are too good there to bother! I am pretty sure I would be completely fine with this being my only bike, but my pure road bike is still better suited for paved riding!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk