View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
The bean counters and marketeers will give you the 'reason', (not a decent one)..They want to sell ya the 12s stuff..duh?? They care little about what you have already bought, they care about what you are GOING to buy...

Clearly every company that introduces a new product has the concerns about cannibalizing it by offering similar functionality to their existing products. There are a lot of features in the AXS group as a whole to attract sales.

Providing some of those features to existing customers not only creates a positive image about the company but IMHO makes them more inclined to purchase from you again. Were I to buy an AXS group, I’d use the app to add the shifting mode that automatically shifts the rear up/down when switching between chain rings (copied from Shimano). Since I already own 3 eTap equipped bikes, I’d like to be able to do the same thing with them for a consistent riding experience when using SRAM equipped bikes.

I’m happy with the eTap 11 group. The fact that they’re not offering backward compatibility from AXS makes me less inclined to buy that group both because of that incompatibility and because they chose to leave their existing customers behind in pursuit of new ones when they could have easily done otherwise ala Shimano.

Fine if others feel differently.

Greg