View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 11:08 AM
Imshi Cycles

Can we hit the pause button for a second here to recognize that we (as bike nerds constantly buying/selling/trading parts) are a bit more hyper-aware of our shipments than the majority of the population?

When most people order something, they arent following along via a package tracker app like most of us...they just wait and it shows up when it shows up. Only after an excessively long period of no-show will they remember "hey, where the hell is my _____?!" and look into it. THIS is the ideal/majority USPS customer.

----

The craziest experience I had with USPS was with a package I sent that was labelled with the wrong zip code and without a return address...the perfect storm of undeliverable mail. Now, in this case I would kinda expect them to chuck it in the back of some mail warehouse never to be seen again. However, they ended up shipping it back across the country to a lost-mail facility in Atlanta, where it was eventually located, re-directed and finally delivered. Granted this all took about a month to sort out but it actually got sorted!

----

Also, I do agree about with the "relax" sentiment...at the end of the day, its just an extra day delay on delivery. They mark is "notice left" because its the easiest thing (within the constraints of their system) for them to do, there is no malicious/dishonest intent. Its just not worth stressing over, unless the thing never shows up, then maybe file a complaint and such. But so long as they are eventually getting to you, just take a deep breath and let it go, life's too short.