View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 03:12 PM
kg

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rk540 View Post
. Kgreene, you're interested in the Canyon and Cervelo because you're looking for a reasonably light, reasonably compliant, definitely race worthy, non-aero, pressfit-stiff-bb, all arounder?

. Anyway, it's not like this is a cheese forum and we're telling the OP to try vegan pate instead.
Well, I am lactose intolerant but vegan pate sounds horrible. Wait, will being lactose intolerant affect which bike I should get? Please discuss.

Yeah, the characteristics you mentioned are the ones I’m after. I’ve been racing on a Fisher Cronus road for years and it’s been better for me than one might expect. But it’s getting pebbled to death and clear coat is starting to come off.

We used to have a very generous Trek sponsorship and I briefly owned an Emonda SLR 9 but found the rear end hurt my lower back (first bike where that’s ever happened) and I wasn’t a fan of di2.

My sense is that the Cervelo and Canyons are likely more forgiving in the rear. The geo for the R3 will definitely work but not the new lower R5. The Canyon Ultimate may work but not the lower Aeroad. A Tarmac could work but it’s out of my price range - unless...anyone want a 2010 Fisher Cronus road in “perfect condition”? (Forget what I said above. Couldn’t be more pristine. Practically new “other”)!