View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 07:52 PM

Thanks for this. Looks just as I imagine most internal routing would end up bending after the cable exits the chainstay. Makes me wonder if a straight rather than s bend stay would change decrease the angle of the curve enough to make any noticeable difference.. I realize that would change the look and maybe even ride of the rear end and I know that's usually a key design choice in a custom build--one I also opted for on my custom Fitz rando bike (that bike has rim brakes.)

I can see why generally defaulting the housing exit point there is the obvious choice as it leads the cable out to the inside of the bike making it less likely that it would be impacted in a crash, but i do wonder, if, on a custom frame, a builder might route it to the outside or even just on top of the chainstay with the knowledge that bike would be fitted with these brakes. it seems that it would also work in the future should the bike need to be set up with hydros or some other cable caliper that had a more inline design.

Do you think that the bend in the last few cm of the cable makes any difference to the quality? From my experience, the Klampers could lose a little bit of power and still have plenty to spare so i wouldnt worry so much about that aspect, but I do tend to get my bikes dirty and after a little while i wonder if the bend in the cable might get a bit sticky.

As to the bsa bb, I can see plenty of reasons to have a custom designed for this standard but I can't see how it pertains to this exactly? Do you mean that you had your custom built with a larger bb area so that the housing fit through the cluster? thanks again for the reply and pics -rm