View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingwheel
I've switched back and forth a few times between Roly Polys and Michelin 25s and 23s on two different bikes. The Michelin 25s ride firmer and feel faster than the Roly Polys. Compared to the 23s, they are softer and feel a touch slower. If you put the Roly Polys and the Michelin 23s on opposite ends of a spectrum, the 25s would fall near the middle, a little closer to the 23s. I hope that made some sense.
I was gonna reply with this but you beat me to the punch. I have Roly Polys on a bike and they're great tires for easy meandering rides. But they do FEEL a bit slow, whether that's real or perceived. I'm personally quite slow so I live for the occasional PERCEPTION of speed, which I find more often with Pro Race 23s and almost never with the Roly Polys. But the Pro Race 25s are a perfect compromise. Most of the accelleration you feel with the Pro Race 23s and most of the cush you feel with the Roly Polys. All three are great tires, but there's a spectrum of perceived speed to comfort there.

-Ray