View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 04:17 PM

Roly Poly Experience

I finally mounted the RP's I bought over the winter to be used as one of the Wheel tire combo's on my incoming Kirk. I was pleasantly suprised that they fit on my Ottrott with D/A 7800 brakes and an F2 fork. The clearance was reasonable, although it was a bit tight between the chainstays. I inflated the rear to 95lbs. and the front to 90lbs. I rode 29 miles on a route that I'm familiar with every nook and crany along the way. I usually run a set of 23cm Vittoria Open Corsa Cx's inflated to the same amount. What a difference in ride quality the RP's made. It was soooo smooth compared to to the Cx's. How much did the RP's slow me down? It was hard to tell if I was slower with the heavier wider tires. It was really windy, but I figure I lost a little on the performance end. I could feel they accelarated a bit slower, but seemed fine once I was up to speed. I doubt I'll keep them on the Ottrott (looks kinda goofy) but they will be great on the Kirk on days when ride quality is priority. Highly recommended!!
Jeff
PS- Anyone compare the RP's to the Michelin Pro Race 25's? I'm considering buying a pair
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roly1.jpg (58.4 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg Roly2.jpg (61.9 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg Roly3.jpg (98.8 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg Roly4.jpg (83.5 KB, 273 views)