View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 10:53 AM

saddle and fit

Could be a fit issue, but it sounds like your butt does not like the saddles that your brain likes?
Could be width- these are narrow saddles. Even though you are small your sit bones could be wide or protrude in a way where they need a wider base of support.
Regardless of what saddle you choose, you should go a Specialized dealer that has their saddle sizer and find out width of your sitbones.
Also- be careful of the light saddles with the cutout. The SLR saddles have a cutout but the saddle is so flexy that you don't get much support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8aaron8 View Post
I apologize if this should be in the fit section.

So after numerous saddles and many years of riding, I can't find that perfect match. I'm sure this is a common problem among riders. I am good for the first 20 or so miles, but after that there is the usual numbness that can be dealt with okay enough with some shifting and standing. I would love to find that right seat that was great from mile 1 to 100. I have ridden san marco aspides, selle italia flites (vintage and reproductions) selle italia SLI's, fizik arione's, and maybe a few less known models. I would say my favorite of these are the SLI and the vintage flites. They have been the most tolerable on long rides, the SLI maybe a little better than the flite. I have really narrow sit bones, close to the 100mm mark, and am 130lbs. I think skinnier seats work better for me. I was considering trying an slr with a cutout, but thought I'd take some ideas before dropping the money.