View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 08:18 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemship View Post
Haha, now your talking! I love my motorcycles. Last summer I made an impulse purchase on a 1975 Yamaha rd250 completely original with patina. The guy that sold it to me recommended it be ridden only on short rides to the ice cream stand. Well I rode that bike more than a few times a hundred miles north of home and back. It wasn't totally an impulsive purchase as I wanted a vintage two stroke bike for the longest time but at the time I was too gun shy to spend the money on more collectable, expensive Kawasaki triples. So I saw this bike at the local motorcycle shop at just the right price and had to have it.

Getting back to the video you linked. So I have this other bike, a gsxr1000, you know a fully faired sport bike with clip ons and just too racy for long rides however I was on one such long ride and I ran into a BMW guy. He was on a gs1150 adventure with the aluminum panniers. What a bike! Yes I like your style and I want his bike on those roads! My bucket list adventure, thank you for reminding me
Remember those well..something about that era(late 60s/70s) 2 strokes from the 3 that did 2 strokes..Friend of mine had one of these..VERY fast. Suzuki X-6 Hustler, Kawasaki Mach3...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxresdefault.jpg (21.3 KB, 215 views)