View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 03:15 PM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Remi View Post
Some of us folks think it's weird that a thread was resurrected over a $20 promotion with people throwing up their hands and unsubscribing. Now we have to go down the road of "Black Mtn better/cheaper", which probably isn't much fun for two company owners who live within riding distance of each other. Yeah let's do that.
having been to both shops and bought bikes from both, I get it... but the discussion turned to why Riv was having to ask for folks to underwrite them again after the last time (which I supported and never never used my credit BTW). The facts are the facts, it appears there is a comparable bike, minus lugs, for a better price and maybe some newer technology. If two folks who have been in the industry a long time can't take a bit of back and forth, I think there are larger issues... BTW- I'm sure they can... in the end, folks will spend their dollars where they want and I sincerely hope Rivendell is one of those options.

there is nothing wrong with healthy discussion in a free market society. We are all consumers.