View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
wow, some of you folks seem deadset to discuss things you only assume and bring down something based on a halo-effect... again, I have no real issues with Riv bikes if lugs are your thing, but the Black Mtn bikes and the non-custom Rivs seem to be made in the same place (who knows, could be the same shop that welds them up...)

I would be curious to know what type of tubeset Riv uses (butting, heat treated, etc?) as my Bleriot I had seemed to not ride as nice as either of my Black Mtn bikes... I imagine the previous, higher-end Rivs built by Waterford rode pretty nice, but I've only owned a Taiwan-built Riv previously. But, I don't think Grant shares that type of knowledge.

https://blackmtncycles.com/differences/
Some of us folks think it's weird that a thread was resurrected over a $20 promotion with people throwing up their hands and unsubscribing. Now we have to go down the road of "Black Mtn better/cheaper", which probably isn't much fun for two company owners who live within riding distance of each other. Yeah let's do that.