View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 03:53 PM

I bought a used bike from a guy locally. The bike was pieced together and looked amazing. It turns out that he didn't disclose that the frame had had a minor repair, plus when I stripped the parts, I found that the seatpost was cracked and the bar was cracked as well.

When I approached him to advise him and ask for compensation, he just told me I was out of luck and that if I had wanted to pull the post or unwrap the bars, he would have done so (?!?!?!)

He told me to get lost and refused to follow up afterwards. Needless to say, the guy is an immoral goof. I decided to let it die because I have other ways to invest my efforts. He is a well known guy in the local cycling community, so I have *accidentally* dropped his name in conversation with LBSs to say what happened, and they just shook their head.

I would never sell something that I believe might be compromised, or if I did, I would openly disclose the history of the part. In the case of the handlebar, it went into the garbage, though it was 'rideable'....

Last edited by d_douglas; 02-12-2019 at 06:17 PM.