View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 11:12 AM
aka RAEKWON

I think it looks awesome. From someone who currently has Etap, Campy Potenza Hydro and Campy Chorus and a bike with 11 speed shim dt shifters

Things that I like -

-Looks great, love how the crankset looks.. futuristic but cool (sorry campy, the new crank is aweful, this one looks better than shim and campy.
- FD allows more space for bigger tires.
- Same batt are old etap (thanks sram so at least I know I will have easy access to batteries for a hot minute)
- 12 speed (I mean no one needs it but I guess its what everyone is going to)
- gear ratios. This is my favorite. I have been ridding 46/34 up front for about a month. I thought I had a secret, this is just amazing. with a 11-32 cassette in the back, it is just perfect for where I live. Have to switch from the big to the small so much less, the 46T is perfect for rolling hills... sure I have had this on my gravel bike but I have been ridding road with it, want to switch all my road bikes to this now.
-Shifters and whole groupset still looks great. Very premium, love the silver accents that they have kept from old etap.
- Etap App. Finally something like shimano app. Hope they let you mess with speed of shifting and stuff.
- RD looks awesome and 1 RD that works for both 2x and 1x

Things I don't like -

- Price. Its even more than the old etap it seems.
- Proprietary chainrings. Everyone is doing this and it is a damn shame.
- XDR rear hub. Bah, lame. So there goes the beauty to be able to use shimano/campy/sram cassettes. This is really a bummer
- Powermeter linked to chainrings (I did not read this anywhere but in a comment above), this is just DUMB.
- FD still looks chunky and maybe not enough tire clearance from it... 650B tires can get big sram... and no I dont want to go 1x
- Need new blips. the sram blips are gigantic and ugly.
- Anything else that is proprietary. God I hate proprietary crap.

Still, very good effort from sram. i think they seem to be listening to people. I hate to say it but this is sooooo much better of a move to 12 than campys.....

come on campy, you can still redeem yourself with a 12 speed wireless EPS.