View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 10:00 AM
slower than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
What's wrong with Cliff bars? Whole boxes are cheap at Walmart. I just use energy drink powders like accelerade these days, but I rarely ride over 3 or 3.5 hours. I'm also still trying to drop last 3-4 pounds. I haven't seen 134-135 in a long time.
Cliff bars should be classified as candy bars. I reluctantly bought a few the other day because that's all the market had. I'm holding one now, the chocolate chip peanut crunch. Total sugars, 20g, and "includes 19g added sugars", which jacks this thing up to 38% of my daily "needs" for sugar. Sodium at 240mg, btw, which is 11% of daily "needs". That's gross. There are some manufacturers who produce bars with much less sugars, but that's a game one has to be on top of all the time, because they invent new sweeteners with funny names that mask total sugar content. I have to learn how to make this stuff on my own, or just make a half peanut butter (unsweetened)sandwich and carry that.

Same problem in the cereal aisle. I challenge you to find a cereal in that section of your marketw with no sugar added. No wonder everyone is fat and sick.