View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
Read that blog again, "it doesn't seem like it should be a niche, but in fact it's a micro-niche. That's never been more obvious than it is nowhe thing isfrom steel frames to friction shifters to lugs and saddlebags--should be the universal defaults."

So even he gets the premise that what he thinks is right is is "micro" in want and that he thinks friction shifters and saddlebags should be a default for people, but they are not, you can indeed extrapolate that they are screwed because they are pushing a philosophy and bike line that that not enough people are buying or buying into.

It's a big operation and all phases have to click or it goes under. Speaking of which, again in his own blog he goes on at length on ways to end it, all if them fantasy.
We're talking past each other. If I keep saying the bikes are selling and you say they aren't, we're conversing in two separate realities. My understanding is bike sales are "decent", parts/accessories are not. I don't have a solution short of what Performance just did, which may be inevitable. Continuing to run RBW as a brick-and-mortar shop is probably not feasible.

Last edited by Joe Remi; 02-12-2019 at 08:15 PM.