View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 07:58 PM

It's Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Remi View Post
I don't think anybody said things are ok, sometimes the responses in this thread read like people have a thought in their head, then respond to that thought. The latest Blahg is obviously not positive and in no way reflects "ok", so nobody is saying that.

My point - derived from several things Grant has posted this year - is that the bikes are selling but the parts/accessories aren't. So you guys can keep sermizing that the problem is "the bikes are weird" or whatever and that needs to change, but changing bikes that are selling is not going to solve a parts/accessories problem.

I don't think things are ok, I just don't understand the point of starting from a "bad bikes" premise that isn't there, then trying to extrapolate from it.
Read that blog again, "it doesn't seem like it should be a niche, but in fact it's a micro-niche. That's never been more obvious than it is nowhe thing isfrom steel frames to friction shifters to lugs and saddlebags--should be the universal defaults."

So even he gets the premise that what he thinks is right is is "micro" in want and that he thinks friction shifters and saddlebags should be a default for people, but they are not, you can indeed extrapolate that they are screwed because they are pushing a philosophy and bike line that that not enough people are buying or buying into.

It's a big operation and all phases have to click or it goes under. Speaking of which, again in his own blog he goes on at length on ways to end it, all if them fantasy.