View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 12:52 PM

Gunnar makes a range of nice bikes. I have a Crosshairs and a Sport (mid reach rim brake road bike). Here's a link to the rim brake Roadie, which is, as you might expect, a steel road bike with clearance for 25c tires. It comes in a disc brake version as well, with clearance for 32s.

The Gunnars are a step up in price versus All City - the Roadie frameset is $1,400 with a steel fork and the Roadie Disc is $1,875 for the frameset. They are, perhaps, the Shimano Ultegra of steel bikes. Their size range is 48cm to 64cm in 2cm increments, whereas All City looks like 3cm increments. I think that Gunnars in sizes under 54cm have relatively steep seat tube angles and long top tubes, if that's a concern (not sure how to judge the relative sizing for larger bikes).

I have heard complaints about the paint being fragile in the past. I don't know the current status of this issue. I think they may have changed painters in the past few years - I vaguely recall hearing this from one guy in Minneapolis who worked for a Gunnar dealer, but I can't swear to this.

Last edited by weiwentg; 07-14-2019 at 05:50 AM.