View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaucho753 View Post
Greetings.

* real name, if you like: Randy
* where do you live? Berkeley, CA
* explanation of your handle: UCSB alum/favorite ride's tubing
* explanation of your avatar: I'll have to pick something...
* age (general or specific) late 30s
* favorite bike: Look Bernard Hinault (Reynolds 753)
* what's in your stable? 1986 Look Bernard Hinault, 1989 Team Park Pre, 1973 Ron Kit Titanium, 1974 Nishiki Competition, 1974 Peugeot UE-8, 1990 Park Pre MTB.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 64mph, descent into Camarillo, CA, around '89 as a reckless teenager.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? I don't count, but not as many as I would have liked.
* picture of yourself or your ride? This from a former life:

* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: My 3-yr-old daughter truly believes goblins will come during the night and take toys that are left on the ground. I think she might actually be scared. I'm feeling a little guilty. Just a little.
* and, something fun: The Oakland A's defeated the Kansas City Royals tonight 1-0 on a stellar performance by their new pitcher Tom Milone, and I just opened a Guinness!e

I've been spending a lot of time at one of the other online bike forums, and think I might diversify.
Weird. Was searching for randomness online and came across this picture in Google images. That is me in the background. Obviously a Jr crit in Northern California around 1987/86. I can't tell what bike it is, but I am thinking it was an aluminum Peugeot the team gave me when Vitus started getting popular. It wasn't bonded, just pressed and crimped in place. I only rode it for about two months before my awesome 17 y/o power pulled the seat tube out. I owned a Serotta Nova Special at the time. It clearly isn't that bike, because I wouldn't ride it in crits and it was green/white fade. When the Peugeot broke, they sold me a Vitus frame, but it was red. Not that bike either. Thanks for the memories.