View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 08:22 PM

Espresso machines

Thanks everyone. For reference, I got an ECM Giotto 15 years ago. A very good, solid HX machine. I am a long-time coffee fanatic. I have a Mazzer grinder. The espresso machine finally stopped working six months ago. The places that do refurb don't usually touch 15 year old machines. Oh, and I roast my own--I have a Hottop.

I just got a new job, and have been treating myself to some nice stuff (deposits on custom frames ...) and knew I wanted a new espresso machine. I guess I could get a slayer, but at some point it seems gratuitous.

Wanted dual boiler with PID. Some cheaper machines have electronics for the PID but that strikes me as something else to break. The Linea Mini can go reservoir or plumbed. We are thinking of a reno on the house in a year, so that would be the time to convert to plumbed.

Called Chris' today but couldn't quite pull the trigger. Not sure why. The wife says to do it.

Guess I will tomorrow.

--edit-- just looked up the slayer again and the dimensions don't work for the current kitchen. Counter space was the only constraint the wife put on me.

Last edited by flydhest; 03-08-2016 at 08:26 PM.