View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
Definitely a balance... would you rather your phone slows down somewhat and lasts all day or would you rather it's dead at 11AM in the morning because it's been burning away with the CPU clocked up to its maximum clock setting?

Androids all try to manage this dynamically too...

And it also helps avoid battery damage that can cause fires.

I had a battery failure on a macbook pro at work a couple months ago.. it didn't burst & burn but it was well on it's way and was pretty scary.. it bent the metal case of the laptop like it was a tin can.
I would most like my iPhone 5S to work as close as realistically possible to the way it worked when it was new. I completely understand that battery life will change and degrade over time. But I would like the software updates be specific to each model and if that means I don't get the latest and greatest on the newest models I'm 100% OK with that.

Frankly, if all they ever did were incremental security updates that would be fine.

Rant over. This is not a gigantic deal and I need a new phone soon anyway. I'm an Apple guy but I do agree that Steve Jobs' mantra of defining the products by the end user experience has been discarded. Now they seem to be trying to stay even with their competition through gimmickry rather than defining the market.