View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokoman View Post
That's because you're at 20mph or whatever the cutoff is. You're actually not going faster, it just feels that way. It happens when I'm on my Xtracycle. I will have my kids on the back and I'll be pedaling my @ss off and I'll look down and see that the pedal assist is off since I'm over 20 mph (slight downhill), and as soon as I ease off, the pedal assist will kick on and it'll be just under 20 mph, but it feels like I'm going much faster.
Maybe, I'd be curious to see some power numbers or other ways to measure exertion for someone on an E-bike vs a ..dare I say it...real bike.

Not that I really have a dog in this fight cause I don't care. I am curious though. We do all these things to make our life "easier" but what does it do for our fitness? Are we, as a society, already on a decline physically? But we I mean Americans. We see all the time about how our obesity "population" is growing. Do things like E-bikes help battle that or help encourage it in reality? I know I could argue it either way but I wonder what the impact from E-bikes will truly be on this in years to come? Food for thought....