View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegoready View Post
Wow, I didn't realize they charge a Reserve Fee when your item doesn't sell. That's bonkers.

As others have said, reserves aren't worth it. They turn buyers off. Either be all-in with a no reserve auction or do a "BIN or best offer." I think no reserve auctions drive up the mania and end higher than reserve auctions, but you have to be willing to risk it. In this case the risk could be offset by the high fees you paid on the reserves.

You should have just listed them for a buy it now with free shipping @ $900. I'll bet they would have sold at close to that price, the buyer feels like they got a good deal with the "free" shipping, and you would have paid a straight 10% fee. Paypal would take their fee on their end too.
Yeah I've always walked away from reserve auctions. Even for all in with no reserve worst comes to worst you can say the item was damaged after auction ended etc if you really don't like the price.. Just refund them right away.. I think you can pull it off every 20 to 50 things you sell.