View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 10:28 AM

I didn't say any of the things you are claiming I said.

I agree that, that is a bad experience, limiting the shifter to one at a time is a way to solve it, I just don't think it is the best way to solve it. A solution that allowed you to shift multiple gears while minimizing unwanted gear selections would be ideal. I am not saying this is some kind of make or break feature, just that it could be better and that I would prefer the ability to up shift multiple gears at one time accepting the risk of an occasional over shift.

Givin the layout of the ergo system and the parts campagnolo have already developed this may be the best compromise of cost, user experience and development time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
I love Ultrashift, but even on a road bike sometimes I'll grab more than the one gear I wanted. Now you're adding in a gravel surface, bouncing around everywhere and you're going to say that someone won't drop down several extra gears when all they wanted was one? And that won't be a bad design experience?

Thats absolute nonsense. Their implementation makes good design sense, one down, multiple up.