View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
I guess it being amorphous is one of the things I find so attractive about LA.

As I get older, I tend to judge less and keep an open mind about the world around me. Tito's Taco's one night, the Guerrilla Taco Truck another and Campos another night. All good in very different ways. But all are good in their own way. All have their place in the world of taco's.

Oh, you are correct about living on the coast and not thinking it's ugly. Just look out my window from the 7th floor of my condo ( the ocean, the Marina with bobbing boats and spectacular sunsets many nights of the week ) ...
One of LA's cultural treasures/gifts is its Taco Culture. I spent a few years in Mexico and what they serve at Tito's (especially the hard shell tacos) would be considered alien abominations. That said many Chicanos I know love Tito's. And, you're right, there's room in LA's gastronomic heart for Gringo Tacos, Korean Fusion Tacos, South Central Sidewalk Tacos and Taco Truck "Soft" Tacos. In a way, none of it is "genuine" as very few Mexicans (in Mexico) regularly eat the types of tacos we see in LA. I never had beef (carne asada) in a taco until I was 9. Short story long, we're not snobs about our Tacos the way New York is about its Pizza. One thing is inarguable: the best tacos in America are in Los Angeles.

Last edited by beeatnik; 03-14-2017 at 05:32 PM.