View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Never-nude

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryblack View Post
Kudos to Evie for making her own luck with strong drive etc but let's not kid ourselves either--

She's a ** genetic anomaly ** in a ** shallow talent pool. **

That's cool for everyone who used to see her in Central Park and Prospect but it's 90% genetics, 10% everything else-- and yes, I do credit her that 10% just like I did Christine Thorburn (though she was a fine small college x-c & track runner previously).

There's almost no possible equivalency, btw, of a male racer that age coming over to sport with similar results. We could give unlimited $$$ to the best triathlete (not named Lance, hah) or 10K to marathon road runner and they'd never come close.
Strange post. I'm not sure I understand it. Are you saying that we really shouldn't watch or root for Evie because in women's cycling it's 90% genetics and that women's cycling is a shallow gene pool? If one is genetically superior should we not root for them? Is your point that only in women's sport can someone go from one sport to the top of another? Didn't Eric Heiden go from gold medalist in skating to TDF rider in a short time? What a strange And totally sexist post.

GG

PS I've had the opportunity to ride with Ina-Yoko Teutenberg several times and it is unbelievable how fast the top pro ladies are. She live here in SLO and is one nice person http://www.highroadsports.com/team/4...oko-Teutenberg

Last edited by GuyGadois; 07-03-2012 at 12:01 AM.