View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post
Interesting perspective. I think home espresso is better than it’s ever been at a cheaper entry point than it’s ever been, so for me, I’ve had a lot of fun this year trying different espresso. So much so that I neglected pour over. However, I recently purchased a very nice double walled carafe from Fellow and in doing so have been doing 500ml of pour over in the morning and a double in the afternoon. It’s been great. Best of both worlds.
As it’s now cooler in Los Angeles and pretty darn cold in the morning, I wanted something warm that I could just sip on to warm me up. So pour over is obviously perfect for that. The carafe keeps a second cup warm and tasting good for over an hour, so it’s been a great buy so far.
Sorry, I chuckled a bit when I saw that. It doesn't get nearly that cold in LA.

Back on topic, I used to drink only espressos, but I'm older now and live in a really cold climate (upper Midwest). Once upon a time, I wouldn't have contemplated French press, but I'll say that it's really nice to have on a cold day.

For whatever reason, I tend to run cold these days. The room is 68 F (20 C), and I'm wearing a long sleeve Craft base layer, a LS jersey, a LS jacket, and a puffer vest. Despite all that, I'm still feeling cold. So consumption of French press has gone up.

Also, +1 to the (presumably silicone) spatula idea above. Makes disposal of grounds a lot easier.

Last edited by echappist; 12-21-2020 at 12:27 PM.