View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 12:33 PM
Administrator

* Real name, if you like:> William
* Where do you live?> EG, Rhode Island

* Explanation of your handle:> It be my name.

* Explanation of your avatar:> Changes every so often. Will likely always be a design of, or inspired by North West Coast Indian art ('Ksan, Haida, Tsimshian, Tlingit, West Coast (Nootka), Coast Salish, and Kwagiutl). The current avatar is the Raven. It's a little more abstract than most but if you understand the design elements you can figure it out.

* Age (general or specific):> Just turned 40 and still as strong as when I was 25.

* Occupation:> Business owner, Glass artist (Etching & Carving), Combative Arts Instructor.

* Favorite bike:> The Blackbird

* What's in your stable? :> THe Effin Cross Bike By Mike Zanconato,The Recycler Fixie, The Super Stealthy Serotta Skunkworks SS-71 Blackbird, Bianchi Reparto Corse SL Lite, Raleigh Super Course 12 Fixie/single speed> Paramount P-15, DeRosa Super Prestiege, Schwinn Circut, Spectrum Ti, Richard Sachs, Merckx MXL,*and a Specialized Stumpjumper. FS, Cannondale Tandem. Serotta Legend Ti, Serotta CSI, Serotta Competition Co-Motion Tandem, Independent Fabrications Independence, and a Specialized Stumpjumper. IF Steel Crown Jewel, Trek 1400, Ottrott ST, Lemond Maillot Jaune, and a Bianchi Milano cruiser and a Specialized Stumpjumper. Lemond Zurich, Serotta Legend, Specialized FSR, 1919 peerless speed record bike, holdsworth fixed gear, serotta csi fillet brazed match sprint bike, pegoretti mountain bike, old cyfac/mbk team bike, and a Specialized Stumpjumper. Spx merckx kermesse bike, some sc61.10 merckx kermesse, big orange mx leader, and the c50, Concours Ti, Atlanta, early '70s Club Special; Ibis Spanky; and a Specialized Stumpjumper. Riv Atlantis; Jamis Nova commuter/beater, Serotta CSi, Serotta track, Mercier 300, Cinelli Speciale Corsa, Cinelli pista, and a Specialized Stumpjumper. Ridley Crosswind, Rickert, Romulus, a new steel Serotta Fierte in the process of being built up, Rivendell Saluki on order!, '91 Davidson Impulse; and a '91 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp; 'and a Specialized Stumpjumper. 86 Trek 700, Legend ST, Colorado TG, Santana tandem, Schwinn Scrambler, various tricycles, A big wheel, a 10 foot tall unicycle, and a Specialized Stumpjumper. A Hot wheels, Match Box, and Sizzlers car sets with a Specialized Stumpjumper thrown in for good measure.

* Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? > A). Champoeg park outside of Portland O.R., 55-56 mph motor pacing behind my Jeep Cherokee on the old Banana Belt course...I was the last person hanging on. B). About 50-55 mph drafting behind a two trailer semi carrying hay bales on Peoria Rd. outside of Corvallis, OR. C.) Just over 70.5 mph once and into the 60's a number of times on various decents in O.R. Nothing close since I moved to RI.

* How many miles ON THE ROAD:> I really didn't keep track this year, heck, I didn't even shave my legs for the first time since about 94. Guessing at about 4-5,000.

* Picture of yourself or your ride?:> On the Skunkworks, See below: The pic I posted in the "Big question for the Frame builders" thread, Mayors Cup.

* Make up and answer at least one additional question:> When you were studying and training in Occupational Therapy, did you ever think that a few years later you would be doing what your doing today? Not on your life, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.

* What is the biggest lie you've ever told:> Ummm, maybe something having to do with how many bikes I said were in my stable? Just maybe.

* And, something fun.:> Meeting my wife in college....just walking past each other on the quad and BANG!!! Going on 14 years now (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE). Being with my family, running around & playing in the yard with my children, playing with our dog, reading, riding, and Full contact stick fighting (wearing just a fencing mask, street hockey gloves, and a cup...talk about an adreneline dump--Yee hee hee haw haw haw!!!). What can I say, I'm a man of extremes.

William

Last edited by William; 12-29-2008 at 04:27 AM.