View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNas View Post
Hi all I am new to the thread thanks for your time. I have been obsessing like many here to get a Pegoretti. Some baseline for context - I am a finesse high cadence rider.. I am not your power house guy (280 FTP, 1k Watts max power, 200 lbs, 53 yrs, 180-200 mile/week ave), tend to climb and accelerate out of the saddle - currently riding a Seven (TI) = snappy fun and a KBedford (Ti/Carbon) = all day ride, a bit flexy which is ok for long days.

I am curious if you might shed some light in the difference between the Pegoretti *Duende, Respo, and new Round. I rode the Marcello and I was not able to flex it at all (perhaps because it was a 58 (I am a 53/54), or perhaps cause I just don't have the powa)

If I went from a Ti bike (Seven) then hop on the Duende, Respo, and then Round. How would each bike feel compared to the Ti? assuming all same wheels, seat, bars, tires..

When I tried going from the Ti Seven onto the Marcello (bike was a bit big) I was left with "I really want to like this, but i can't feel anything" just heavy and flat.

Would love your thoughts... all the best.
Responsorium was the best steel bike I've ever ridden. I think they're very special bikes. Plenty stiff yet very comfortable and stable.

Dario knew a thing or two about putting tubes together.