View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambee View Post
Thanks!

These bars come with the following note from Jan:

Pro Tip: Angle your Randonneur bars upward so the ramps are approximately flat. It’s key to enjoying the supreme hand comfort for which these handlebars are famous.

So I tried to follow that guide but it's clear that I need to push the levers forward and rotate the handlebar a little outwards.
Getting the ramps flat is not as clear on these bars because the ramps are not flat, as they are on their others-the Maes. The parallel version of those you can get flat with nice position in drops. I have both rando and MP, and really like them both. For the rando bars I have also used Jan's tips and also photos as a guide. He has side view of that bike in other photos-maybe the blog or maybe in BQ. But that was just a starting point and I agree with others that you adjust to taste. A couple of general remarks. First, with your levers as positioned in your photo you will not be able to reach them easily while in the drops. Also, you are robbing yourself of reach, which is one of the features of these bars. Another thing is to not try to make up for fit issues with extreme angling the bars or levers. These bars are pretty extreme in their dimensions and one needs to consider stem length and spacers. One thing that may be overlooked is that the overall reach reach is increased even further if you reduce the number of headset spacers to make up for the approx 2cm of upward rise, due to the bars moving forward as you move them down.

Last edited by marciero; 01-18-2021 at 01:36 PM.