View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
Not really. The weight difference between CAAD and SS was negligible. Aesthetically I think they're on par with each other, and as mentioned earlier, I apparently wasn't a good enough rider to notice "THAT" big of difference in ride quality between my CAAD and SS.

What really set the two apart is durability.

I replaced the SS in that picture with a crash replacement frame after sliding out of a corner during crit and the top tube disintegrated. Same corner same crash on a CAAD wouldn't have done jack.

There is reason why Liquigas trained on the CAAD10. They're just a no nonsense workhorse that gets the job done.

I had a CAAD10 and also a SuperSix, which was basically an all-carbon SystemSix, before they evolved it to the Evo. Also had the previous gen Evo Hi-Mod before they changed it to the dropped seat stays.

Out of all of them, I thought the CAAD had the worst ride quality. And that was with fulcrum wheels with steel spokes. When I got the SS, it was like night and day for me. Even adding fulcrum wheels with alu spokes, it was a better ride than the CAAD imo. The Evo Hi-Mod was tuned for an even better ride quality in the rear triangle, surely in part due to the narrow seat post. I am sensitive to ride quality, so ymmv.